Our team working at Charles university Prague, Faculty of Science is interdisciplinary, it consists of two closely cooperating research groups – research group of the Dpt. of Applied Geoinformatics and Cartography (Geoinformatics group) and research group of the Dpt. of Experimental Plant Biology (Biology group).
Image spectroscopy is a domain area of the Geoinformatics group. We acquire multispectral, hyperspectral and LiDAR data in the field using mainly UAV, analyse image data from different platforms (UAV, satellites, aeroplanes) using various image processing techniques. Both groups collaborate and have research interests in the field of laboratory spectroscopy. Besides the Ecophysiology laboratory of Biology group enables to use biochemical/biophysical methods for the vegetation studies. This way we can get essential inputs for the evaluation of vegetation physiological status that is an important part of our research. Students on all bachelor, master and doctoral levels are an indispensable part of our team. Both groups together with students work on several research projects.
We focus mainly on research and applications of spectroscopy in natural ecosystems (relict arctic-alpine tundra, grasslands, forests) but also in agriculture and urban environment using multispectral and hyperspectral data from different devices (laboratory spectroradiometers, multispectral and hyperspectral cameras, LiDAR and thermal sensors) and platforms (UAV, satellites, aeroplanes).
Members of our team
- doc. Lucie Kupková, Ph.D. (leader of Geoinformatics group)
- Mgr. Lucie Červená, Ph.D.
- Ing. Markéta Potůčková, Ph.D.
- RNDr. Jakub Lysák, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Markéta Roubalová (PhD student)
- Mgr. Jiří Tomíček (PhD student)
- Ing. Salma Bijou (PhD student)
- MSc. Mohammed Sultan Alshayef (PhD student)
- Bc. Martina Řádová (MSc. student)
- Bc. Filip Raasch (MSc. student)
- Bc. Gabriela Pinlová (MSc. student)
- Bc. Alex Šrollerů (MSc. Student)
- prof. RNDr. Jana Albrechtová, Ph.D. (leader of Biology group)
- Mgr. Zuzana Lhotáková, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Eva Neuwirthová
- Miroslav Barták
- Lena Hunt (PhD student)